- This event has passed.
Cultural series and workshop – Shan Tuyet tea trees, VN tea culture and a tea tasting experience
May 14, 2022 @ 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM350,000VND
Part lecture/presentation, part workshop on Vietnam’s tea culture
MAY HAVE 1-2 LAST MINUTE SPACES – PLEASE CONTACT STELLA
The team at Tien Thien Tra space have been running these presentations and workshops for a while but mainly to a purely Vietnamese audience. They have approached FVH for advice regarding how to make their sessions more relevant to a wider community and especially for those who want more cultural detail about Vietnam’s tea traditions and tea tasting experience. We have worked with them to refine their event and are delighted to be able to offer the first presenationa and workshop designed specially for FVH.
This is the first of what we hope can be a regular series based round the tea culture traditions.. The focus is on the special ancient Shan Tuyet tea growing area of north Vietnam.
- Why the tea culture is so important in Vietnam
- What makes Shan Tuyet tea dfferent to other teas in VN
- The Shan Tuyet tea trees which are over hundreds of years old
- How the tea leaves are picked
- The lives of the ethnic groups who make a living through Shan Tuyet tea
- Traditional VN tea ceremony – we go into more detail about how one should sit, prepare and hold the tea making implements
- Understand the difference between 10 varieties of tea from white to black teas
- Now a fun interactive part – we taste each tea and learn how to identify the teas. After a break we have blind tastings and a mini tea tasting competition to see who can guess a selection of the teas by taste, colour and aroma
Held at Tien Thien Tra Space, 55 Nguyen Hy Quang, (location map and full details will be sent to those who RSVP) – located between the top of Xa Dan/Ton Duc Thang and Hoang Cau area (appx 20 mins from Xuan Dieu area)
very max 7 people (once this is full we will have a waiting list which will take priority for a repeat event)
please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org