Artist talk: ‘Between Two Worlds’ with artist Hà Châu Bảo Nhi
December 2 @ 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM150,000VND
Vietnamese visual artist Hà Châu Bảo Nhi focuses her artistic work exploring Vietnamese spirituality and culture.
This’s afternoon’s round table art lecture is about Nhi’s research for her Master of Fine Arts entitled ‘Between Two Worlds’, which explores intangible and spiritual ideas in a community via collective memory and trauma; the way they shape the whole community’s identity and each individual’s viewpoint, along with the need to appreciate unseen, hidden meanings beneath one object’s materialistic appearances.
For her current practice as an artist, she has been expanding her artistic mediums, such as interactive art using programming, and her object matter has shifted into a more personal memory. This transition has been a significant exploration in her recent work.
In this afternoon’s discussion Nhi will explain the inspiration for her topic and how she represents these ideas via her art.
- 2023 MFA, LASALLE College of the Arts, Singapore
- 2018 Foreign Trade University, Hanoi
- 2016 Doshisha University, Kyoto, Japan
- 2023 – current – Solo exhibition at Chau & Co Gallery, Hanoi, 2023 (from November 26 to December 2) – ngo 123 Nguyễn Đình Thi, off Thuỵ Khuê https://www.facebook.com/chauandcogallery
- Mind & Machine, Vietnam Festival of Creativity & Design, Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, 2023 (https://vfcd.events/en/events/showcase-mind-machine-hn/)
- 2023 Graduation Exhibition at Lasalle College of the Arts, Singapore
- 2018 Solo Exhibition at Mơ Đơ (artists-run) Art Space, Hue,
- Singapore & Vietnam 50-10 Exhibition In Commemoration of 50th Anniversary of Bilateral Relations, and 10th Anniversary of Strategic Partnership between Singapore & Vietnam Artists (Vietnam): 9-14 September 2023 Vietnam National Fine Arts Museum
For more info about Nhi and her work see – https://www.nhiha.art/
Venue: Woods Cafe, 84 Phạm Huy Thông, Ngọc Khánh, Ba Đình
Max 12 pax
Please RSVP Sheba – email@example.com
150,000 VND per person.
(Drinks off the menu are a personal expense)