- This event has passed.
Film night – When the tenth month comes (Bao giờ cho đến tháng Mười)
October 31, 2020 @ 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM150,000VND
In celebration of Vietnamese Women’s Day (20/10) which takes place this month we are screening one of Vietnam’s classic films:
When the tenth month comes (Bao giờ cho đến tháng Mười) directed by People’s Artist Đặng Nhật Minh
This movie is considered one of the most successful Vietnamese movies of the 1980s (and still an iconic and important one even today). It won many national and international prizes. Shot in black and white it feels an older movie even though made in the mid 1980s. It is an aesthetically touching drama telling the emotional story of Duyen, a beautiful countryside woman and her journey to visit her soldier husband; and how she coped with the reality. Đặng Nhật Minh is one of Vietnam’s most famous directors to be honored on the global stage.
The movie name takes after the idiom to reflect the desire of people in old times for a better life. Also October in Vietnam is a month with many of important celebrations such as: Hanoi liberation day 10/10 and this year Hanoi’s 1,010th birthday, Farmers’ association day 14/10, and Women’s Day 20/10. It is an important month in modern times and a month for forgiveness for others
This is a war film with a difference. It shows humanity, no shooting, it focuses on a love story, keeping secrets and telling white lies but without betrayal. It shows many levels of Vietnamese culture and beliefs.
- One of the best 18 Asian films of all time by CNN
- Special Prize at the 1989 Asia-Pacific International Film Festival
- Special Jury Award at the Hawaii International Film Festival in 1985
- Certificate of Merit from the Committee for the Protection of Peace, at the Moscow International Film Festival 1985
- Golden Lotus Prize at the 7th Vietnam Film Festival, 1985
Minimum of 10 people needed for film night.
Location: TPD – The Centre for Development of Movie Talent, 51 Tran Hung Dao, Hanoi.
RSVP to Van email@example.com
- Your reservation is not confirmed until you receive our reply email.
- Please arrive by 7.15pm latest to collect and pay for your ticket at TPD. As a courtesy to those on the waiting list – please cancel if you can’t come.
- Reserved seating tickets are allocated on a first come – first served basis.
- Parking fees @ the TPD courtyard – 5,000 vnd motorbike; 3,000 vnd for a cycle
- Max 40 people