- This event has passed.
Cultural series: talk. A guide to Vietnam’s administrative organisation & structure – FULL
October 10, 2020 @ 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM200,000VND
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL. PLEASE RSVP FOR THE WAITING LIST AND APOLOGIES THAT WE HAVE REACHED THE MAXIMUM NUMBER. WE WILL AIM TO REPEAT THIS TALK IN A FEW MONTHS
This is a whistle-stop tour and introduction to everything you need to know relating to the structure and organisation of Vietnam’s administrative and political system.
THIS IS A VERY POPULAR LECTURE SO IT WILL BE HELD ON THE 6TH FLOOR OF THE PUBLISHING HOUSE SO MORE PEOPLE CAN ATTEND
This is a huge topic and Lâm will touch on a number of key topics including (we may not be able to cover all of them):
- Prime Minister, President, etc. other main officials – how they are chosen, length of term, their responsibilities
- Electoral system
- Country admin system eg peoples committees, wards, districts, provinces etc. from the very top down to the villages – the different offices and responsibilities of each
- National Assembly
- Communist party structure
- Women’s rights
- How different task forces can be set up so quickly eg covid-19
- What free services, if any, does the state provide?
- Pension and health system
- Education system and the curriculum
Lâm will deliver his talk in his well known way supported only by his trusted blackboard. For those who have not attended one of his talks he has an amazing ability to explain the most complicated of topics in a very understandable and engaging way, (he will talk in English)
ALSO THIS DAY IS THE 1,01OTH ANNVERSARY OF HANOI SO WE WILL ALSO HAVE A SMALL DRINKS RECEPTION WITH WINE AND SOF DRINKS TO RAISE A TOAST TO OUR AMAZING CITY
Venue: 6th floor Thế Giới publishers 46 Tran Hung Dao with drinks reception on the terrace
welcome note will be sent to those who RSVP successfully
Time: 2pm – allow 3 hours + drinks reception
Please contact Stella